Skills Naming and Couples Celebrants Need
Celebrants conducting ceremonies for families and couples always love their work! They work on a self-employed basis and training on self-employment is included in the course.
Celebrants need to be able to form good working relationships with other industry professionals and have the ability to develop and maintain local networks. There are no specific requirements for the course in terms of academic qualifications, but you will certainly need good literary skills, self-confidence and interpersonal skills.
The following is a list of the personal qualities, attributes and skills you will need to become a successful Celebrant:
• Good literary and writing skills with the ability to write concisely, grammatically and effectively.
• A good public speaking voice and the confidence to speak to groups of people from two to several hundred.
• Smart appearance.
• A mature, calm, reassuring manner.
• Sensitive interviewing skills.
• Availability at weekends, when ceremonies may be required.
• A genuine interest in providing a quality service and improving the choice and quality of ceremonies.
• Access to, and ability to use, email is essential.
• Use of a computer and confident word processing skills, with good experience of using Microsoft Word (or similar package) and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or similar. If you are concerned about your IT skills, then click below for a more detailed list of requirements.
Find out more about training to become a celebrant today.