Voice and delivery skills for funeral celebrants
Non-Verbal Communication Skills for Funeral Celebrants (Advanced Practice) Level 4
The only qualification for this subject.
Units accredited by One Awards, the awarding body for this qualification
Everyone conducting funerals feels they could do it better in some way. This course enables you to spend time with a truly expert voice professional and work on your delivery skills.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for practicing funeral celebrants who wish to further develop their voice and non–verbal delivery skills and confidence when delivering funeral ceremonies. The course is focused on improving your speech, delivery and presentation skills in an appropriate way for the funerals you deliver. Our expert tutor uses a variety of methods to improve your delivery and makes the day extremely enjoyable too!
What we expect you to gain :
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Project their voice to suit a variety of ceremonies and buildings, indoors and outside
- Use their own body language and props to greater effect
- Deliver poetry and readings with more feeling
- Use tone, pace, emphasis and pause better in their delivery
- Be able to use complex communication techniques effectively in a range of different circumstances
- Warm up activities for Mind, Body, Voice
- The Breath – supporting the voice
- The vocal warm up
- Speaking and sharing text
- Working with funeral scripts
- Use of posture, demeanour, gestures and movement, tone, attitude and diction
Full comprehensive course notes are provided
One-day face to face training, (plus distance learning to be submitted within 6 weeks – if taking full qualification)
CCL Offices in Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants
Melanie McHugh (see course tutors)
Note: Delegates not wishing to acquire the full qualification may just attend without undertaking the associated distance learning. Fees are reflective of this and can be found here.
Excellent, engaging and informative, definitely exactly what I wanted.
This taught me to remember the voice and body as an integral part of the job
An excellent course with a totally appropriate trainer who really knew her stuff and how to pass it along.
Find out more about training to become a celebrant today.