IT Skills you will need both during your training and working as a celebrant
Do you have the following skills:
- Ability in creating, naming, using, saving and retrieving files and folders.
- Familiarity with using your version of Word (or similar software).
- Understanding of toolbars and icons.
- Ability to copy and paste sections of text.
- An understanding of ‘track changes’ and how to use this function.
- Ability to bold, underline and italicise text.
- Be able to change font type, size and colour.
- Ability to centre text in the middle of a page and right and left justify it.
- Be able to alter line spacing in a document and insert a page break.
- Be able to use the undo and redo functions.
- Understand how the tab key works.
- Ability to use headers and footers, bullet points and numbering
- Understanding of the difference between ‘Save’ and ‘Save As’.
If you said ‘yes’ to all of the above then you have good basic skills.
If you have answered ‘no’ to any of the above then you will need to improve your basic skills before starting the course. This can be done in a few hours by using one or more of the free online tutorials available on the internet.