Environmental & Sustainability Policy
This policy details how Civil Ceremonies Ltd (CCL) works to ensure that staff, customers and associates promote the issue of sustainability in regard of environment protection.
Civil Ceremonies Ltd. recognises the importance of using the earth’s resources responsibly for the benefit of present and future generations.
It is the policy of the company to identify the effects on the environment of alternative courses of action so that these effects are given due weight in conjunction with technical and financial assessments.
It is the duty of each member of our staff to be aware of environmental aspects, and to maintain a balanced approach to environmental matters.
CCL will ensure consideration of sustainability specifically as follows:
- Manage the business so as to be effective within the principles of good business management, being effective, efficient and profitable.
- Minimise where possible the carbon footprint by reducing paper usage and wherever possible and legal utilise electronic communications.
- Wherever possible we will recycle and reuse materials especially files and other record keeping devices; and minimise waste.
- We will use energy efficient vehicles and reduce mileage costs by undertaking as many meetings / contacts as possible by electronic means.
- We will continue to develop “online” services and products so as to reduce printing.
- We will promote good health and safety procedures so as to reduce, as far as is possible, accidents and sickness.
- Wherever possible we will seek products that come from sustainable sources.
- We will minimise the use of energy and reduce heating and lighting costs whilst recognising staff comfort and safety.