Voice Development & Non-Verbal Communication Skills for Funeral Celebrants – Advanced Practice - Level 4
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who wish to further develop their voice and non–verbal delivery skills and confidence when delivering funeral ceremonies. The course is focused on improving your speech, delivery and presentation skills in an appropriate way for the funerals you deliver.
What we expect you to gain:
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Project their voice to suit a variety of ceremonies
and buildings, indoors and outside.
- Use their own body language and props to greater effect
- Deliver poetry and readings with more feeling
- Use tone, pace, emphasis and pause better in their delivery
- Be able to use complex communication techniques effectively in a range of different circumstances
- Warm Up activities for Mind, Body, Voice
- The Breath - supporting the voice
- The vocal warm up
- Speaking and sharing text
- Working with funeral scripts
- Use of posture, demeanour, gestures and movement, tone, attitude and diction
Comprehensive training handouts and guidance notes plus detailed distance learning
- Video feedback
- 1 day face to face tuition (plus distance learning if taking the full qualification)
- Claret Centre, Buckden, Cambs
- Melanie MacHugh
'Excellent, engaging and informative, defintely exactly what I wanted.' - Kevin Bending 2016
'This taught me to remember the voice and body as an integral part of the job' - Lynsey Mallinson
'An excellent course with a totally appropriate trainer who really knew her stuff and how to pass it along. - Chris Price 2013
Please Note: You do not HAVE to take the full qualification for the above course; you can just attend the course and receive all the coaching and information. If you decide to take the qualification, you will be required to complete distance learning after the one day session and submit for assessment. Fees are reflective of this and can be found here. This work is at Level 4 standard and you will receive full certification from the awarding body.