Interviewing Bereaved Families - Advanced Practice - Level 4
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for those who wish to further develop their skill and confidence when meeting with bereaved families prior to funeral ceremonies. The course is focused on improving your skills at handling particularly difficult situations that may be encountered.
It is recommended that delegates have conducted at least 12 funerals before attending the course.
What we expect you to gain:
A further understanding of the role of the celebrant in the bereavement interview and it’s relevance to bereaved families.
- Key factors in bereavement interviews
- Dealing with a range of difficult interview situations
- Enhanced listening skills – looking for clues!
- The interview-script relationship
- Understanding how the interview affects the bereaved
- Use of non – verbal communication in interviews
- Understanding advanced questioning techniques
- Comprehensive training handouts and guidance notes plus detailed distance learning
- 1 day face to face tuition (plus distance learning if you take the full qualification)
- CCL Offices, Burton Latimer, Kettering, Northants
Please Note: You do not HAVE to take the full qualification for the above course; you can just attend the course and receive all the coaching and information. If you decide to take the qualification, you will be required to complete distance learning after the one day session and submit for assessment. Fees are reflective of this and can be found here. This work is at Level 4 standard and you will receive full certification from the awarding body.