Advanced Tribute Writing Techniques
NOCN Level 4 Award in Creating and Delivering Funeral Tributes (Advanced Practice) (RQF)
The only National Qualification for this specialised subject.
Accredited by NOCN
Who is the Course for?
Writing for public performance is a particular art!
This training course is for practicing funeral celebrants who would like to improve on this central skill and for those who may feel their tributes are becoming too samey.
This practical course provides techniques for enhancing tribute writing and rhetorical skills, the emphasis being on skill development and practical exercises. Hard work, fun, no tears all guaranteed!
It is recommended that delegates have conducted at least 12 funerals before attending the course.
By the end of the training you will have learnt:
- to understand the use of 'rhetoric' in tributes
- how to use stories in tributes and understand the structure of an effective story
- how to use punctuation to best effect
- how to carry out a vocal warm up
- how to use emphasis and clarity
- how to use a range of advanced writing techniques
- how to evaluate your own practice in creating and delivering funeral tributes
- A full course portfolio is included.
- 1 day face to face training (plus distance learning to be submitted within 28 days if taking full qualification)
- CCL Offices, Burton Latimer, Northants
- Steven Blakeley and Anne Barber (see our tutors page)
Note: Delegates not wishing to aquire the full qualification may just attend without undertaking the associated distance learning.
Fees are reflective of this and can be found here.
'These techniques will be so helpful and will make the client experience much better'.
' I feel this will really transform the way I produce ceremonies'.
'How to write a much more interesting and unconvoluted funeral tribute'.
'Very good, made me realise how much better this could be'.
'Very relevant, excellent'.
'Nice & informal but shed loads of content'.
‘What a wonderful day of learning! The next day I just did 3 tiny tweaks. But what a difference it made and what a difference in my delivery! Whilst it wasn't my intention - there wasn’t a dry eye in the room so I had obviously done something right and rather than feel unnatural to me (which I thought it might ) these tweaks felt like the most natural thing in the world. If I didn't take on board any other changes (and that won't be the case) my ceremony has already improved greatly. Thank you - brilliant day - brilliant course - brilliant leaders. Lesley Blessington - March 2014
Extremely thought provoking and challenged my way of writing for the future. March 2014
‘As usual – action packed course!’ March 2014
‘It was a really very good’ March 2014
‘Extremely thought provoking and challenged my way of writing – for the better!’ March 2014